15300 Ventura Blvd., Suite 502, Sherman Oaks, California 91403, United States
San Fernando Valley Psychiatrist
Welcome to San Fernando Valley Psychiatrist - Psychiatrist in Sherman Oaks
Simon (Steve) Soldinger M.D., F.A.C.P.N.
· Board Certified March 1983
· Fellow of the APA 2003
· Elected to the American College of Psychiatrists 2012
· Life Fellow of the APA 2013
1969-1973 UCLA, Los Angeles, CA B.A. - Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum
1973-1977 University of California, Irvine, CA - M.D.
1977-1978 Internship at Los Angeles County USC Medical Center in Psychiatry
1978-1981 Residency at UCLA, Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, CA in Psychiatry
1980-1981 Chief Resident, Out-patient Department, UCLA-NPI
UCLA-NPI, Los Angeles, CA (Assistant Clinical Professor)
Tarzana Community Hospital
1. "Thioridazine and Sexual Dysfunction," published in the American Journal of Psychiatry, January 1976, pages 82-84.
2. "Pelvic Pain," a chapter published in the book, Psychiatric Disorders in Obstetrics and Gynecology R.G. Priest, London, 1985 pages 49-69.
3. “Physostigmine and its Effect on Senile Dementia," published in the American Journal of Psychiatry, Winter 1982, pages 15-19.
4. "Organizational Dynamics as Applied to Phi Delta Epsilon, A Medical Fraternity," published in Phi Delta Epsilon News & Science Journal, Spring 1988, Vol. 80, No. 1, pages 29-31.
5. "The State of the Art Mechanics," published in Bulletin of the Beverly Hills District LACMA, Vol. 30, July 1985, No. 1, pages. 4, 5, & 8.
6. "Humor and Psychotherapy," published in World Journal of Psychosynthesis, Winter 1982.
7. Psychiatric consultant to feature film "Motherghost" 2002.
8. Psychiatric consultant to feature film “213” 2009.
9. Self-published “Emote Notes” in 2004 and trademarked concept.
10. "Concepts in Pain Management" a chapter published in clinics In Podiatric Medicine and Surgery April 2007 Volume 24 Number 2, pages 333-351.
11. Interviewer and Presenter of Film “Art of Storytelling: The Human Experience of Being A Psychiatrist” 2016.
1. "Pursuit of Happiness after Age Sixty," presented at the YMCA, Torrance, California, August 19, 1982.
2. "Humor," presented at the Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity Scientific Convention, Vail, Colorado, February, 1984.
3. "Group Dynamics," presented at the Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity Scientific Convention, Vail, Colorado, February, 1985.
4. "Panic Disorder," presented at the Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity Scientific Convention, Vail, Colorado, March 5, 1987.
5. "Whitigo," presented at the Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity Scientific Convention, Sun Valley, Idaho, February 1988.
6. "Rapid Sub-Specialization in Psychiatry," presented at the Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity Scientific Convention, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, February, 1989.
7. "Psychotherapy," presented to the Sherman Oaks Rotary Club, November 1989.
8. Assistant Clinical Professor, UCLA, taught Psychopathology 201 to second year medical students, Winter 1993 -Winter 2004.
9. "Lupus," presented at Sherman Oaks Community Hospital, March 23, 1994
10. Faculty at the International Sjogren's Symposium on February 25, 1995 teaching the Neurobehavioral Aspects of Sjogren's syndrome.
11. "Provigil a Novel Medication" Presented at the Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity Scientific Convention, Copper Mountain, Colorado 2001.
12. "Novel Psychopharmacology" Presented at the Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity Scientific Convention, Lake Louise, Canada 2002.
13. "Psychiatry Hope Strength and Experience" SUNY-Albany 2004 Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity, undergraduate chapter.
14. "Psychiatry as a Career" presentation for Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity, Oglethorpe University 2006
15. Assistant Clinical Professor, UCLA - taught Media, Film and Psychiatry to UCLA Sepulveda VA Residents 2004 -2013.
16. "Psychiatric Advances" Simon Frasier University 2007 —Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity undergraduate Presentation.
17. "Psychiatry and Pain" Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity, undergraduate presentation, Vancouver University 2007.
18. "Novel Psychiatric topics from the APA meeting" presented to APA members of the SCPS in the San Fernando Valley 2009.
19. "Psychiatry and Pain as applied to Podiatry' presented at the Western Convention of Podiatry in 2008 in Anaheim, California.
20. “Anxiety Disorders in DSM 5” Presented on June 15, 2013 to the Southern California Psychiatric Society at the Olympic Collection in Los Angeles, California.
A.P.A. Assembly Rep 2016 and 2017-2021 Rules Committee and Reference Committee Lifelong Learning
CPA Board Member 2017-2021
American College of Psychiatry member since 2012 and Membership Committee 2013-2019.
S.C.P.S. - President 2013 – 2014.
Phi Delta Epsilon International Medical Fraternity
Foundation Board 2016-2019
Editor-in-Chief Scientific News Journal
International Vice President
International President 2009-2012.
Past-National Western Regional Governor
Past-President of San Fernando Valley Chapter
Past-National District Governor
Past-President of Los Angeles Graduate Club
Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Eta Sigma, Pi Gamma Mu
Past President of Phi Delta Epsilon International Medical Fraternity Board Member
Other Medical Interests, Practice, Research, Et Cetera:
Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Especially related to Obstetrics and Gynecology
1981-1982 Co-Medical Director of the Outpatient Psychiatric Clinics, UCLA
1981 to present Private Practice in Sherman Oaks, California.
Copyright © 2018 San Fernando Valley Psychiatrist - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy GoCentral